Sunday, June 26, 2011

Thankful Heart.

I am overwhelmed everyday by the beauty and love that are a part of my friendships here in Cincinnati! This is my first summer in Cincinnati and I'm so glad it's not my last! Cincinnati has become home to me over the last two years (I can't believe it's been two years!) but most importantly it has been a place where I have met incredible friends and where I've learned to truly lived loved by a God who is bigger and more loving than I ever could have imagined before! 

This weekend was full of friends and of all the things that I love. A small group of my friends and I (who I met my freshman year at UC) got together for a little summer grilling, and finished the meal off with a delicious homemade cake drowned in sprinkles! Since it was such a beautiful evening after dinner we all went to Eden park to a spot that looks out over the city and river, and then drove around Mt. Adams to get another beautiful view of the city from a high point. One of the highlights for sure was when at some point while driving all five of us in the car started singing to the radio without even realizing it. Not caring how terrible of singers we were (okay, maybe just me), or whether people could hear us outside, we were singing worship songs together! Windows down with my friends in the car singing praise and worship was enough to make my heart desire Jesus more and more, and to thank him for the people he's put in my life here in Cincinnati.





Tonight was also a great part of my weekend! I had the opportunity to spend it with four beautiful girl friends, who I love dearly! We took a walk to the local dairy freeze, sat on the curb enjoying our delicious ice cream, talked to our sweet, elderly neighbor who we just met for the first time (she was precious!), and then talked about life together. Again, I was completely blown away and thankful for the love and friendships that I have here in Cincinnati!

So there's one more thing that I want to mention in this post before I wrap it up. Today I was also reminded of my "other home", my first home, where I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends. I received a housewarming card in the mail from my parents and I almost found myself crying, not because I was sad, but because I was overwhelmed with a thankful heart. I am so blessed to have loving and supporting parents and I hope I never forget that. My parents love me with all of their hearts and their love means the world to me. It's because of their love that I can even start to grasp the extravagant love that my heavenly father has for me!


Kati K 

No comments:

Post a Comment